View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 11:49 AM   #51
jezza05
Starter Motor

Many, Many stupid things.

Grinding the engine bay on my XY only to have my wife come in and ask what all the smoke was. Looked up and found that the pile of steel wool I stored under my work bench had caught fire and melted the XY's tail lights and other bits of interior.

Mate not being able to drive his XD for weeks before I had a look and realised that he had replaced the new spark plug leads in reverse rotation order. The funny thiing was that it would actually start.

Trying to tighten the spark plug wire on my lawn mower while it was running. I still remember the pain shooting down my arm.

And last but not least. I belted a large screw driver sideways into the gap on the end of my leaf springs to open it enough to remove the rusted in bush. Was looking directly over it to review my progress and can remember thinking that this was probably fairly stupid. Next thing I know I am sitting on my a&$e and have blood ****ing out from a large gash in my eyebrow. The screwdriver had shot out and belted my eyebrow giving me 6 stiches and new respect for taking a safer approach.
jezza05 is offline   Reply With Quote