View Single Post
Old 30-08-2019, 09:24 PM   #44
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Back in the day what car would you buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Had a 3 speed column shift VG coupe bought as a wreck, used on the farm. 245 Hemi. Driving 150km between two farms (on permit) it dusted girlfriend's WB 253 ute, left it behind!

Not bad for a paddock basher. Those coupes were pretty fun cars.
Yes my brothers mate had VG Pacer coupe 245 2 barrel and he put a 4 barrel on it and had lake pipes on it but we had a only no hopper mechanic's that did not truly know how to tune a car as all that they did was use STD factory spec, they did not know any better and so this bloke VG only went slower with the 4BBL so he went back to the 2BBL.
That was back in 1978.
He ran over our dog one night out front I heard it and when he came back say 3 months and he was so surprised that the dog was fine, he said that he did not want to come back that night because he thought it was dead etc but I said well mum had driven over that bastard maybe 12 times and my self 3 times, it sleeps under the car and when you fire it up it try's to get out and it just runs around the house a couple times yelping and all is fine. it's a dingo x Labrador that we got for 50c and lived for 20 years at least and I would pull 50 ticks off it every week and we had a Blue healer and never one tick.
One day in Darwin doing a job the people went away and their mutt had ticks all over it's back and ball bag I found some baygon sprayed it and then just troweled off the ticks, he liked me the next day real happy. he was real sick looking before that, but boy do they know that them their ticks are a problem.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote