Thread: Rough idle.
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
P5_LIMO

Default bloody hose.

: Pulled the manifold, blew a blanking plug off a pipe. Also learnt local Ford service manager doesn't have a clue bout these cars.....what a surprise. HE said oh no thats the brake booster line, yeah whatever. :yeees: Told him that was first thing I checked but was intact and that the brakes had usual feel, no loss of vacuum and leak was from different area of the engine bay anyway. 'Oh well it's probably your brake booster then. ( the one THEY replaced 8 months ago...) He then went on to do his 'wheel it in and we'll see what we can find'.. Got a rough estimate on cost, within reason of not knowing EXACTLY what it might be I asked. : Oh 3 hours @ $50 an hour plus parts coz it's an old vehicle ya know? Probably needs new PCV, Gasket and hoses. So around $200 I asked, understanding some things ya just don't know without a perve but being on a budget I only wanted a rough idea. ' Nah your probably looking at between $400-$500' he says...yeah whatever. : Turned out all parts were excellent except for the missing plug. These guys are incredible! :Up_to_som
P5_LIMO is offline   Reply With Quote