View Single Post
Old 20-06-2021, 01:16 AM   #8
gypsy
"Rockin Moonbeam a-Rock-"

Default Re: Gumtree Scammers

Thanks Yellow Festiva for the info about scamwatch. Sounds like you had a tough experience. I didnt know they were that unreliable. I reported one to gumtree sometime back who came after my ad in a really sus way. Gumtree seemed interested to know all the details, but just assumed they followed it up when i left it with them ...maybe not. I advertise in my ads "Cash Only" now, in after the price. And to only contact me by phone.

Sort of on topic but not gumtree, we had a couple guys going door to door a few years back offering free laptops if you signed into a course, which was a legit course, b
and they told us you didnt have to do the course and that the gov would pay for it. I asked to see his license, and quickly took a photo of it, which really upset them, but stood my ground and said, im sure your all legal, but im just gonna run a check on you. I kept their papers and said i
come and pick them up tomorrow. I contacted fair trading in town, and they personally come out and were really impressed with all the details ide collected. Apparently theyde come all the way from melb and were going town to town to low income areas. About a week after the fair trading guy rung me back and said theyde caught up with them, and even posted an article in the local paper for anyone else to report if theyde got scammed too. Apparently theyde conned heaps in our town. So in that case it worked.
gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: