Thread: Club expansion
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont think you really need a website if no one can maintain it. You can always contact people & share info on here.
Another good way to get the name out there Is a Facebook Group. Alot of people are always on facebook & you can create events, send msgs, share pics etc. I started one for the Small Ford Car Club NSW that im in & its amazing the people that join from all over the world. I dont mind setting one up for the Euroford club if you want.

All this is great but I think the key to getting new memebers & keeping current ones is that the club has to be active.
You need someone that is willing to organize events. They dont have to be big events, just start with a simple monthly meet at a burger joint or pub & the occasional cruize.

With the SFCC we have a meet at Harrys Pies at liverpool every month in the warmer months. Its always well attended & there is no hard organizing or setup & cleanup. just turn up, grab something to eat, talk crap & go home when you want. Something like this would be good.

Thats my 2 cents worth, let me know what you think.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote