View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #82
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default Re: Bugatti Veyron to be updated and target 460km/hr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 208260 View Post
Yes that's right! And isn't that one of the reasons we modify our Falcons? They give Exceptional performance for the money we spend, unsurpassed actually, especially when your comparing the Ford BADD GT to exotic Hypercars like the Bugatti Chiron!
Look, Bugatti is a great brand, with fantastic racing pedigree especially in the last century!
But click on the link to find out who has the most wins of all time! They don't build great drive trains in their cars by accident, I can tell you!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kbrauer/.../#2ede9239ca40
You cannot compare modified cars to production built cars. It makes little to no sense (just ask most members here). Especially considering the GT is for a particular purpose. I don't for one second disregard the effort put into the GT, it is a magnificent beast.
The Bugatti is more than just speed, everyone knows that, it is an experience, a testament to the engineering capabilities of the human being. It is not just a car, it has shifted the goal posts, it represents exhilarating performance, awe inspiring engineering, encapsulated in luxury that no other car maker can come close to.
Sure, you can buy a "cheaper" car to out run it on a 1/4 mile, but so many other cars can do that. But like i said, that's not the point of the car.

If a person has a modified R33 Skyline that can do the 1/4 mile faster than a XR8/6 sprint, does that make it a better car, a better proposition?

Bugatti as far as I know, hasn't raced since 1939, VAG have not placed racing as a priority for Bugatti (as yet), they have other brands to do that.

Last edited by Wretched; 07-06-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Wretched is online now   Reply With Quote