View Single Post
Old 28-07-2018, 06:42 PM   #73
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: oil leak behind the accessory belt & pulleys

Sorry about the thread mine but good threads like this one do go on & on, hey UK!

I just had the timing chain tensioner leak on my xr6 engine, using this thread helped me heaps in fixing the leak. Thanks to all who contributed their time & info to this very helpful thread.

At first i thought it was leaking from somewhere else so tightened & cleaned everything up took my kids to school yesterday then checked & you guessed it a little stream of Castrol Edge on the engine crossmember again!

In the end, mine was only a loose timing chain tensioner mechanism which i unscrewed out a bit & applied some gasket goo then i tightened it back up securely (thanks for the tip UK). I also applied some goo to the last long bolt under the vct pulley on the last bracket to come off just in case it leaked there too.

Left it overnight then today took my xr6 for a drive & the leak is no more for good i hope. I think the mechanism was loose only for a little while, so hopefully no brittle o rings fingers crossed.

Hope thats the end of that, now to clean up my garage floor oil stains..

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)

Last edited by Maka; 28-07-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: