View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 12:10 PM   #49
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

I worked with a guy a few years back who imported a late 60's LTD coupe. He got the owner in the USA to take a memory card full of photos of every square inch of the car inside and out, and then put the card in an envelope under the dash tucked into the carpet, just in case something happened to the car on the way over. The guy also gave him a link to a Photobucket album of all the pictures.
He planned to be there to inspect the car when it arrived and if it was damaged and the company he was using tried to say "not our fault, it was like that", he would do a magic trick of saying "Now I haven't been anywhere near this car, is that correct?", and then get one of the company people to reach up under the dash and Ta-Dah!, pull out the envelope with the memory card full of time-stamped pics to prove it hadn't been damaged before it was shipped.

As it turned out he was being paranoid over nothing...the car was immaculate and the company did a great job. I never bothered to find out what company as I never intend to import a car myself so didn't bother asking.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote