View Single Post
Old 13-09-2019, 12:05 AM   #230
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Given say 2 weeks annual holiday your pretty limited if you drive for every vacation. Four weeks obviously farther but I’d rather take a fish hook in my eye than drag something around on my holidays for a week to get somewhere . It’s not my idea of enjoyable driving at this stage of my life. I did a lot of travel when I was young and pre kids, both in OZ and overseas with work. I recall driving out to Leigh Creek from Sydney once in a F100 and trailer as a field repair job. Every crest of a hill I got to I hoped there may be a turn to break the boredom, nope just more straight road, it was mind numbing and I knew we had to turn around and do it all again back home in a few days!

Years ago we flew the family to Canada and hired a camper van, great time, great secenery. It was a fantastic experience but I also loved visiting cities as a family. Enjoy it all boys, life is too short is my motto and air travel is cheaper now than ever. Being financially bound to owning a van and feeling I need to drag it out for every holiday would not be for me at my stage of life, but to each their own I say.

Last edited by XByoot; 13-09-2019 at 12:26 AM.
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: