View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #24
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

guys, i am ALL FOR THIS THREAD being made a sticky, "AFF food and beer lovers" or something. having a mother who used to be a chef and now works in a greek restaurant, and a father who sells cheese, wine, olives and olive oil to all the major restaurants and hotels(read: botanic gardens, Hyatt, hilton, chianti classico, et al) and who used to be a chef also, under the great cheong leuw(sp) no less, i can really appreciate this type of thread, as i can actively contribute to it, with new recipes, ideas, hints, tips, and hopefully photo's, if its on the plate long enough of course!

i can PM the relevant admins if anyone wants, or has someone already done it?

anyway, with the hot weather we've been having, ill throw up a quick and easy cold relish, suitable on fish, poultry or meat or as a refreshing snack.
"Mango and pineapple relish"
dice 1-3 mangoes, depending on how many people you are cooking for. allow around half a mango per person. dice into a bowl.
you can use pineapple from a tin, but if you have fresh pineapple, please use it as it's so much nicer. dice around 1/3rd pineapple/mango. you don't want to overpower the mango as its generally a mango relish but if you want to mix it up, you can.
chop half a chilli into small pieces, add to the bowl.
chop a small amount(up to you! don't let it overpower!)of red onion into the bowl.
juice of half a lime.
half a teaspoon of sugar
small handfull of mint leaves, crushed.
add all this to the bowl and stir, then leave in the fridge untill ready to serve. serve with steak, fish, chicken, duck, whatever, its great for pretty much anything and takes about 10 seconds to make.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote