View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #37
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
The come unpainted. Painting was around $350 for the lot, IIRC.

XR badge is hiding the holes left when I removed the Forte badge. It has an XR front, so while not technically an XR, it is my take on what an XR wagon should've some like from factory (though I would replace the rear bar too - as soon as chief gets the TS thing moulded).

As for wheels - they chop and change between the 2 cars as and when I fell the need. The Apaches will stay on the wagon for a few weeks at least, but after that, who knows? That's the advantage of owning 2 AUs - I can chop and change most bits at will.

The AWC spoiler comes with LED brake light integrated already. I have 5 brake lights (standard left, right and high mount one, plus the wing LED one, plus a Ford symbol one in the Hayman Reece tow ball hitch thingy - absolutley no excuse for anyone to rear end me!)
Metro ford in Brisbane converted around 12 AU1 Futura wagons at the end of series 1 runout just to get them out the door. They had series 1 XR front bar and some factory alloys and were badged "XRS". No rear spoiler though. I did a similar conversion on my 98 AU1 but used series 2 front and 17x8 XR wheels. At the time, the only rear "spoiler" available was the 2 on offer from ford spares (dust deflector and wing) but they just didn't do it for me so I left it standard...Linz.
Linz is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: