View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #44
mavs19

Quote:
Originally Posted by linz
Are you referring to P/N ERN42210AKT (spoiler) that was mentioned previously? When I was looking for a rear spoiler 3 years ago, ford parts gave me a choice of 2 items...1 was an acrylic wind deflector that looks the same as the SSV item on the silver wagon photo and the other was an acrylic wing that attached the same way but it was flatter than deflector..more in line with roof. Didn't look too bad but not exactly what I was after. As far as ford boys knew, that was all that was available as genuine parts at the time. Is this the one that you're after? Are they not available any more?
Yes I am referring to P/N ERN42210AKT (spoiler).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
AUI wagon option was a spoiler, AUII it changed to dust deflector
I have the AUI Spoiler on my wagon as per pics in the gallery
That's it.That is exactly what you got in the pics on your car that we are after.

This pic is the original pic that Ford had on their site:
This is the spoiler we want.

BUT, now they have a pic of the acrylic wind deflector only.

The difference between this one and the one sold by AWC is that the original one has a more flat edge as the AWC one has a slanting edge.

The acrylic wind deflector Ford is selling now is (i.e. the silver coloured pic from SSV I posted) not what we are looking for.

The problem is when we gave the spare part number mentioned above to the local Ford dealer to order, what arrived in a box marked with that number which said: Rear Spoiler, was a different version of the acrylic wind deflector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auvct
Yes, im interested too in finding one of these ser 1 spoilers as well (not the acrylic wind deflector).
Sorry guys i wasnt asking about rear bars,but if any one knows where to source new or second hand, it would be great also.
But i suppose Mavs19 beat me to the first one.
Thanks
Thanks for that.
I hope we both can find one, new or used does not matter.

Hopefully someone on this forum may know where I can find one.
mavs19 is offline   Reply With Quote