View Single Post
Old 18-10-2019, 12:24 PM   #26
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Re: Cheap Rental cars - suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
Yeah, I noticed that it kept defaulting to the place of return being the same as the pickup location, however when I changed that on the search results screen, it didn't change the pricing structure. Hence my comment that I wasn't 100% confident that it had picked up the one way trip.

If you have a look at the page I linked, you'll see that the return location is different.

Not sure why that link above comes up and shows that nothing is available. I ran the query again just now and it shows that (for the same dates of 24 and 25 Oct (which I estimated from your earlier post to be your dates)) that you can still do a one way hire from $34, ala https://www.airportrentals.com/searc...%7Cen%7C405929.

I appreciate your efforts here psychobimbo.
Those dates are correct.

I ran a few variations of where to drop off (there were 3 versions of Mel airport and I got no results with Melb Airport but did get results with Melb International)....and I was also tripping myself up by putting in pickup/drop off times that were less than 24hours, so amended that and Bingo, the results as you saw them.
I have locked in a Corolla for $42 which seems too good to be true (and you know how that can end) but I've scoured the pages and cannot see any mention of an extra large one way fee, but can see on the left hand side a "One Way Rental Confirmed".
I've hit the GO button and have received my confirmation emails telling me all is good to go!

Thank you to everybody for putting your suggestions forward.

Psychobimbo, you saved me a couple of hundred dollars - thanks a bunch for persisting with the site....I had figured yesterday they had no available cars from Adelaide and today I've locked in a car. Feels good to get that sorted and not be ripped off in the process, Thanks again
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: