View Single Post
Old 16-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #24
BGBOSS

the results are in.. success!

Unfortunately didn't have my phone with me so wasn't able to provide pics. Removed the airbag thismorning and had a bit of a poke around with the multimeter. 0 varied resistance in the switches and harness so that ruled them out.

Disconnected the connector on the clock spring and bent the two pins for the switches ever so slightly to provide a better connection when plugged back together. Refitted all and hey presto! Just like a brand new one.

I also had a slight crackling through my speakers whenever I used the buttons. Looks like that's cleared up too.

I think there's a few threads on here on how to remove the steering wheel. I just remove the airbag fuse, but some prefer to disconnect the battery. After the horn pad is off it's really straight forward. Just make sure the wiring is routed as it was when you started. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOLD: 2003 BA XR8, Blueprint, Manual, 2.5" Catback X-FORCE Quad, Centre muffler delete, Custom intake, Secondary HU, Big sound system, Stealth UHF

RIP: 2001 AU XR6, Hot Chilli, Manual, Pacey extractors, High flow cat, 2.5” exhaust, K&N and tickford snorkel, UNI Chip, 19" Koya Inox Imagine, SSL King Springs
BGBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: