View Single Post
Old 21-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #610
dopeydazza

Default Re: Common Problems with the AU??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman77 View Post
Gday all, yes it's time for clunk talk - I've read many posts about this topic in other forums however this clunk is different. AU falcon (non IRS)Rear RHS in this case... Cateyes always trigger it off!! I've had all the bushes in the back end replaced, shocks are 5yo but are in good condition, spring rubber mounts are in good nic too, I even replaced the rear shocker bushes with nolathane ones, emptied the boot .. tried to eliminate all possible causes but still...the clunk!! not even pedders, repco, or ex ford ppl can figure it out! has anyone found some unusual causes that have already been covered?
Being hearing impaired, the noises of clunks and bangs and whines can freak me out as I have generally no idea what direction the noise is to me.
1 banging that always peeved me off I eventually traced to upper and lower trailing arms in a EA2, same noise I am hearing now in my AU2, I am hoping it is the same thing.

417,700 km now, from previous post, now added brand new rear shocks and springs to lift rear as it was sagging something shocking, especially with weight of my work tools and lpg. Also from previous post, I am sad to say I don't drive through water anymore for fun, ever since coil was replaced.

Therefore I must be a potato.
dopeydazza is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: