View Single Post
Old 23-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Deaks

Default New boots for the XR8

So ive owned the XR8 for just over a month, still love it, but she needed some personalizing from me. So she who must be obeyed gave me permission to buy some new wheels (only because she was well and truly over me jabbering on about different wheels ever waking second). So i did a little looking around, and found a set that i liked and they were a good price. So a phone call later and i have a set of wheels. No tyres yet.

So fast forward 3 weeks as ive been overseas, and i have lined up a set of 235/40/18 tyres, and have a had them fitted to the wheels. Im a little excited to get them on. But, and its a big but, the wheels were the wrong stud pattern, que mad screaming from me and my mate. So after another trip to the city, i now have a slightly different set of wheels, fitted and balanced, all for what i think is a steal. Its good when someone f*#ks up, but is man enough to admit it, and is willing to do you a good deal for the stuff around.

So here they are:

Its looking very much like my last Falcon, i know i have a very narrow mindedness when it comes to what i like on my cars. Here is my BA XR6T:

My wife told me that i would regret selling the BA, well i dont anymore, as i have replaced it with the AU. Oh and the AU sounds much better.

Last edited by Deaks; 23-11-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Deaks is offline   Reply With Quote