View Single Post
Old 27-08-2020, 08:28 PM   #6
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: LZ Focus Stop-Start function N/W

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR781 View Post
Its the correct battery
Its a grey coloured light
I am trying to find out if others are having this problem
Can you advise brand and part number of the battery fitted.

Grey means the system is not working, but this could or could not be a problem.

If the system does not meet a certain criteria as examples mentioned below, then its operating correctly and not a problem as such. For example if the engine needs to remain running to maintain the heater going on a cold day and the auto start/stop does not work, then that is a system function. But if there is something else causing it like for example a dead battery, then it is a problem.

I had the same issue on my wife's old LZ and was fixed with a replacement genuine battery, part number 106601. It still had the original battery and was four years old at the time which made sense.

I have heard issues with the auxiliary oil pump for the automatic transmission can fail and thus stops the auto start/stop from working but that usually produces a DTC. That would also be a problem.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: