View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 11:47 PM   #53
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
1 male and 3 females. my options are limited
3 of each here but the tents still went in favour of the camper trailer, it all went downhill from there.

Quote:
i have ground covers for under the tent. my wife and i and my eldest (15) will be on self inflating mattresses and my youngest (7) will be on a stretcher. we have one of those roll out ground sheet mats for the stretcher and bought those square tile foam things to put under the matresses. bought enough to cover a 2.5 x 1.9 so basically 2/3's of the floor in the sleeping room. hopefully that insulates from the cold a bit.
Yep, thats how weve gone, i put the trailer tent down over a drop sheet, foam squares for the floor and SI mats with sleeping bags, keeps the kids happy, we got the QS innerspring...

Quote:
yes, for this first time we are planning to camp in the naracoorte caves national park. the campsite doesn't have much in the way of reviews, but the ones i've come across aren't that great, but we figured it would be a start and we want to see the caves which is why we are camping around that area.
In the future, there are some great campsites around not far from my doorstep (by that i mean not interstate) so in future its nice to know the options are plentiful. i don't mind bushwalking and hiking, but as mentioned at the top, i'm the only male, and my daughters are 7 and 15, so that limits what we can do (as a family anyway).
Sounds good, we spent most of our time in the mid north/Flinders/riverland regions but im keen to get down the South East to the coorong etc. so let us know how you get on.

Quote:
as for the overthinking bit, if i was on my own or just with a mate or 2, then sure, just wing it, but i sure don't want to be camped out with a miserable family because we didn't bother to plan.
You can never over think it when females are involved, one forgotten luxury and the tent will be on gumtree, nothing surer...lol
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: