View Single Post
Old 28-05-2022, 01:00 PM   #3
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 
Default Re: Intech 6 No Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
I would have thought the fault description was pretty self explanatory...

It's saying the fault is with the EDIS CPU within the PCM/ECU. Initial resolution would be to replace the PCM in the passenger kick panel.

The WSM also says P0230 is a failure of the fuel pump RELAY, not the fuel pump itself. Either bad wiring, a stuffed relay or faulty PCM. The PCM doesn't operate the fuel pump directly, it switches the ground side of the relay.
Thanks arm79.

I tend to agree, I just found it strange that if the ECU is the cause, then why did replacing the coil pack in the first instance correct the issue? Strange, but I guess that is what happens with intermittent faults. I guess, I am just trying to determine if anyone else has experienced something similar.

I do have an ECU here from a S2 Futura, so that would work with a PATS alignment to the BEM and Key. I would also like to check the capacitor that hangs on the side of the coil pack as that is wired in parallel to the ignition feed to the coil pack.

The fuel DTC was cleared and never returned, so it was possibly from an old error no longer impacting the car.

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote