View Single Post
Old 22-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #185
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy
A couple things.

Lets hope they get rid of the awfull cheap looking black plastic that is so prominent on the current base & XR models. This stuff looks like it's made from the same stuff as the cheap black plastic poly tubing that you buy at Bunnings and looks so low rent.

Also, lets hope they put some technology into these care that can at least keep pace with other makes.

Things like:

Active Cruise Control
Blind spot monitoring
Front Colision warning system
Heated / ventilated seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Decent leather for the premium models
Electric Tailgate (for the Territory)

People generally like the tech, comfort and diver aids that are becoming so readily available in other makes. Joe public generally aren't brand loyal anymore, so these things need to be available within the range just to compete.

Hopefully Ford Aus will get this part of the package equation right. Together with appealing sheet metal, improved driving dynamics (have generally been quite good compared to our Red friends and with other makes) and tech that goes way past an 8" color screen, coupled with sustained marketing and image improvement, they could just be onto a winner.
Im puzzled, i have no issue at all with the plastics in my FG.

The only things I wish they would fix in the new Falcon would be:

* reduce the weight a bit
* lower seating position a bit
* bit more fuel efficient
* simpler ICC (i mean why do we have half degree increments on the aircon and why are there 10 fan settings when 4 or 5 will do)
* LED taillights
* front parking sensors
* gluteus maximus rejuvenators in the rear seats

Last edited by turbodewd; 22-10-2012 at 06:26 PM.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote