View Single Post
Old 27-02-2016, 01:04 AM   #9
bundybear75

Default Re: 2010 TDCI Powershift problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomy View Post
I've just been quoted $4500 for exactly the same problem, at exactly the same Km with an MC Wagon. Similarly owned it for less than a year...
I've had the "dropping into Neutral" problem only twice. But gear changes have been Intermittently rough, so I took it into Ford for my first ever dealer service.

They want to change some sort of Shaft sensor (which they say is actually causing the problems) and while they're at it, replace the Clutch pack, cause there's metal fragments in the oil...

$4500 is almost half the value of the vehicle! It's a tough pill to swallow!

Did you end up getting the job done Bobthekelpy?
Mine goes in on Monday to have the speed sensor replaced. Thank god its covered under the statutory warranty I got when I brought it. I had it 4 days and about 400km before the problems reared their head.

I had two quotes both around $2500 to remove transmission, strip down and replace sensor, refit box and fill with fresh oil. The sensor alone is over $500 plus $300 worth of fluid. I asked about the clutch pack and apparently they don't go near that part of the transmission when stripping it down.

Mines a 2012 tdci wagon (ex fleet) with 135k km on it.

Hopefully that sorts out all the problems as I brought this to commute in and have spent the last 3 weeks driving my uneconomical 4x4 ute I instead.

Last edited by bundybear75; 27-02-2016 at 01:06 AM. Reason: stupid predictive text on crappy windows phone
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote