View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #35
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: My ZF Auto - Paddle Shifter Idea

Just a quick update, so I don't spread any untruths...

This is the picture of the clock-spring connector I posted previously from the wiring manuals:

This is the connector I hadn't seen until today, which is shown right at the back of the PDF covering the MK2 wiring (2011/05 onwards):

So they did swap around the ground and signal wire for the cruise control buttons. Damn, only my first boards (that have no polarity requirement) will work on a MK1 unless I do some messy rewiring for the newer board. That extra wire I see in my harness is for the "Push to Talk" button as well, not that I've got the button - but I wonder if it would work if I did. Although the schematic says pin 1B is used by the airbag along with the 4 other pins, I don't think it really does as it makes no sense to source power through a relay coil?
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: