View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 11:24 PM   #2
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Driver in S.A beats Red Light Camera Fine.

haha! Stick it to the govt. (I do not run red lights and do not think it is a good idea to do so)

I tried once to fight a speeding fine, where I was allegedly speeding a bit on a freeway. There was rain at the time. I went to court, and had the evidence that radar was not allowed to be used in the wet and the Cop there admitted that. Says in their operators manual. Had closest BOM weather reports etc that it was raining. Cop said it was dry...

Magistrate said even though the BOM at that exact time only a few KM said it was raining I did not have evidence it was raining at that exact spot!!

Lying cop and judge protecting revenue has forever made me lose respect for the HWY patrol cops. Cant stand them.

Police prosecutor afterwards said "good try" to me, and that I really should go to the next court to try again. I didnt do that.

Have had other unfair fines as well, including sitting on cruise control at 110 which was 105 GPS speed, oncoming cop car coming round a corner got me doing something like 115 ! And I slowed down before they straignted up to be directly oncoming. Couldnt believe it. I tried to get calibration certificates etc for their equipment but had no luck.

Anyway, good to see someone have some luck!
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: