View Single Post
Old 29-07-2020, 08:33 PM   #25
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: A question to compter hardware experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
yep, even works on non genuine versions as well. you end up with a legit copy of W10.

I always recommend running Disk Cleanup as an administrator, if you happy with how W10 works, and deleting the windows.old folder. This folder is just system files for W7 in case you want to roll back. It will free up 20gb or so iirc.Its also worth running this periodically to remove the orphan update files that windows insists in keeping!
Yep already blew that windows.old file away and a lot of other stuff. I couldn't connect to wifi until I removed IPv6 option from the wifi adapter. Only hiccup I had.

No point rolling back anyway so might as well pick it for whatever parts and junk it or just put on a Linux distro IMO. Ubuntu running happily for me so far.

When I get a new desktop since a lappy is no good for WFH for my work, I will try repair the charging jack and see how it goes.

This one will be for my brother since mum already went out and bought a new lappy. It will get as much use as her Galaxy tablet. At least she keeps the economy going

I already said if you **** it up with viruses I'm not going to fix it. A long time ago when I think we still had XP, I went out to the city and then came back and the computer was totally ****ed.

That was when I didn't have my own computer so I was not ****en happy! Now I zero obligation to fix it.

"I didn't do anything wrong", yeah I know exactly what went on mate
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote