View Single Post
Old 28-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #8526
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2242100 View Post
I think this is one rare case where it's better to compare torque than power.

Certainly the GT is producing quite a bit more power than the F6, but from what I've seen it's mainly achieving that by hanging onto a similar amount of torque to higher revs than the F6.
Keep in mind that when an engines power is being calculated, you're basically multiplying torque by engine speed (revs). So if for example there is the same torque at 15% more revs, then there is 15% more power, but in both cases if the torque is the same, then the angle of the diff pinion under hard acceleration should be the same (assuming the equivalent gearing).

As we know the claimed torque figures are very similar for both engines, but a lot of people would probably argue that the F6 pushes even harder at low revs in the real world, with more torque than the GT.
It seems to me that maybe the F6 was at more risk of pinion angle problems than the GT would be.

So I'm finding it hard to understand the reasoning as well. Also I've heard of one case of a stock FG Turbo twisting a tailshaft.
If you fail to understand the "reasoning", perhaps you should go back and examine your premise - and real world dyno comparisons between the F6 310 & GT 335.
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote