View Single Post
Old 27-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #4
cosworthfreak

Default Re: Capri GTV6 Delete model

Hi Keith,

I'm not aware of a v6 capri that had further body strengthening over standard, and I've been around Capris for over 25 years.

None of the factory manuals and parts books make any mention of additional strengthening above standard for a delete model.

From your other posts, it looks like you have your heart set on a V8 Capri, and I don't blame you. I'd love one. The reality is that VSB 14 makes that almost impossible now, and I don't think you are going to find any literature that pushes the kerb weight of a V6 capri above the magical 1100kg threshold. I re-read the engine section of VSB14, thinking you might be lucky with a fully optioned car (sunroof, a/c, p/s, overriders, etc), but it states that a car's options aren't able to be included for weight calculation.

I think the only way you might have a chance is if you could find a certifiable factory correct, unmodified GTV6 and have it weighed to see if Ford's figures were out. But even if you had that, you'd have to convince your rego authority, and that would be a potentially fruitless experience.

I wish you good luck though, because if you crack it, then the rest of us have a chance.

Cheers
Jamie
cosworthfreak is offline   Reply With Quote