View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Exclamation Trailer Sockets & LED Trailer Lights

I finally got around to sorting out Trailers with LED lights and I should have done more investigative work before hand it would have saved a small trinket sum but much trouble.

Background, the Trailer socket were just hanging there when I bought the vehicle, I had found the mounting points had broken because the plastic housing were cheap nasty P.O.S. That's ok I'll get a metal KT 7Pin flat jobby with LED test lights, fitted tidied up and ready for a trailer.

I got a trailer but the lights were like a Tween Rave Party, so it looks like I need to make it LED compatible. I'll leave it till next time.

18mths later I need a use of a trailer, so today I got the adaptor from the MC thread but didn't take notice of what it was over the actual Ford part number. It's a 12pin Flat connector lol, not a 7pin so I found out when I went to test fit it, and to make things worse the bloody housing of the KT 7pin socket I've fitted 18mths ago happens to be designed in such a way to block the Ford Adaptor. Great....

Instead of hacking the Adaptor and making it fit or modding the KT socket, I decided to replace the KT 7pin socket with a KT 12Pin jobby. Looks the biz and the adaptor works as normal.

Knowing what I know now I should have looked for a 7pin flat or if I had more time I'd have done the resistors and made an adaptor.

Take heed people, learn from my mistake.
Ford Adaptor $60 (AB39 15436 BF)
12Pin KT Socket $35
2 users like this post: