View Single Post
Old 11-09-2022, 04:57 PM   #6
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 
Default Re: Intech 6 No Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
You got no signal from CKP then the ECU has no idea of the engine position and it won't fire the ignition system - this is the number one cause of a no start condition on the mighty 3.8L Ecotec V6 as well

I'm not sure if the 6 cylinder ones has a separate EDIS module like the V8 ones may, but a faulty CKP would explain why it would give DTCs relating to the EDIS module as the CKP on those ones connects directly to the EDIS module rather than the ECU.

Or that may only relate to the EEC-IV instead of EEC-V and is irrelevant
Thanks Damo.

I nearly touched base with you when I bought a oscilloscope during the diagnosis phase. I was going to ask you about the signal I was seeing from the coil pack, but I ended up working it out.

Yes, the AU 6 does have a seperate EDIS module just like the 8s, and what I can tell from the wiring diagram, the CKP is also fed directly to the ECU, which is why I was sort of expecting a designated DTC.

You could have come up with your CKP comment a couple of months ago! Doesn't matter now though, as at least it is running.

Do you think I should buy a new CKP as the one I used was a second hand from a junker I have sitting in my driveway? As they are pretty cheap and easy to change, I think I have answered my own question.

Cheers for the input,
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: