View Single Post
Old 14-09-2019, 01:30 PM   #73
TwentySixHundred
Starter Motor

Default Re: The number/percent of old Falcons still registered

$1000 P plate specials definitely have an impact declining the future existence of a model. When i first got my license we were guilty of buying cheap Cortinas and X series Falcons out the paper and running them into the ground. I have watched it with every model since until id say the FG as it still holds some decent coin.

From my observations over the years when a model gets around the $1000 mark they are snapped up by that generation of P-Platers. Usually a 2.5in zorst gets thrown on and many burnouts follow, until it becomes a thrashed out ****box, then scrapped. Then the process is repeated until they become rare and the next $1000 special becomes the victim.

I go from seeing and hearing... them everywhere to once in a blue moon over a couple of years. Right now id say it's safe to say the AU-BF is the current p plate special. The secret is to snatch one up now and look after it because they will become rare and die out. Boxcars got flogged out in the mid 2000's the EL's copped the same fate a few years back and now the AU is getting a hiding.

Watch those numbers plummet over the years to come