View Single Post
Old 20-03-2019, 05:07 PM   #1581
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Makes no sense, you have not read the study, you have not even looked at it. So how can you have an educated opinion on something that you have not even looked at??
I read the IARC study when it came out. Similarly, when the WHO started recommending no more than 5tspn sugar per day, I read the foundational research to get a context for that recommendation. I prefer to go to the source than to YouTube.

Quote:
Because if you had educated yourself you would have come to the same conclusions that the scientists from the National Institute of Cancer have come up with, ie that there is absolutely no correlation between eating cooked meat and cancer.
Seems you're the one didn't read. NCI's own website lists cancer stats related to red meat and processed meat consumption (stomach, colorectal, pancreas and prostate - NCI even label them as such). You've misquoted what NCI have said - that there is no direct correlation demonstrated in humans between PCA/HCAs and cancer. And that's fine, they're just a postulated mechanism. The correlations between meat consumption and cancer have been demonstrated and researched for decades. You can disagree with how PCA/HCAs might play a role in cancer, but it doesn't change the fact that they probably do.

The reason they postulate PCA/HCAs as the causative agent is because the rate of cancer varies with type of meat, and red meats and charred meats (which are associated with higher cancer rates) give rise to agents that white meats and fish (which are not associated nearly as much, if at all) for the most part do not.

Quote:
However I will give you the benefit of the doubt and I will ask you to provide me some sort of evidence of your claim, hopefully in the form of a valid study that supports your claims, because if in fact cooked meat is linked to causing cancer I would really like to know about it as I eat a lot of cooked meat.
It's no secret. Google meat cancer and Cochrane review, you'll get many hits. You needn't stop eating meat. As already pointed out, the added risk is small if you're otherwise fit and heathy. Similarly, I consume diet soft drinks for the same reason - the risk of consuming them is small, a statement you seem to have taken great issue with given we've derailed the thread comprehensively because for you there is plenty of risk of consuming a chemical cocktail with unknown side effects and long term consequences. Apparently, if your chemical cocktail was grass-fed, it's all good.
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote