View Single Post
Old 21-06-2022, 04:22 PM   #25
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: e-Scooters - opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Should just sell your car mate, walk everywhere, been doing it 250 thousand years. No need for progression, should try bare feet as well, go full neanderthall
Whats the thoughts on those Segway things? The CEO accidentally drove one off a cliff and killed himself.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-11416654

Kinda like a geeky less fashionable version of an e-scooter. I'm pretty sure they're on the VIC Police ****list too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Just wait until those law-breaking yobbos find out that racing these things is the latest in competitive racing:

These things max out at 100km/h! **** funny watching them 'race'.

I can see all of the current scooter owners racing out to get their 'S1-X' stickers, racing leathers and helmets to emulate their idols
Should give em weapons like bats and clubs and let them hit each other - would be perfect for how they're all bunched up in a pack.

EDIT: Looks like Segways on VicRoads ****list, which put them on Victoria Police's ****list.

Quote:
It's police v VicRoads in battle over two wheels

A VICTORIA Police plan to issue patrol officers with a hi-tech chariot known as the Segway Human Transporter has been put on hold after striking an unexpected hitch: it is illegal.

After announcing last year that they hoped to buy several of the two-wheeled electric devices for city patrols, senior police were told by VicRoads that it is illegal to ride Segways, which are designed for footpaths, in public spaces in Victoria.

VicRoads considers the devices, which can be ridden on private property, to be the legal equivalent of miniature "monkey bikes", outlawed by the State Government last year.

The roads body is standing firm despite police attempts to have the law changed. But police vowed last night that they would continue to lobby.

At present, anyone riding a Segway in a public place could be fined $115 for driving an unregistered vehicle.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/i...11-ge1jy5.html

I could imagine Vic Police on Segways, with a helmet with a flashing red/blue LED on it, chasing people on e-scooters and e-bikes.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 21-06-2022 at 04:36 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: