View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 02:58 PM   #314
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK30RB
How big is the dealer network for those brands who sell under 1000 cars per month?
Lets see - Volvo 36 dealers
Skoda 42 dealers
Renault 58 dealers

A lot of the smaller brands are sub dealers sharing showroom and yard space with a bigger brand....

There are around 200 Ford dealers in Australia. If sales drop to around 1000 cars per month that will mean an average of 5 cars per dealer. I can't see that any Ford dealer would consider that a viable business....

Sure... weaker dealerships would close, then you have fewer service locations, less brand confidence. hmmm seems very familiar.

I'm not saying, wishing, or hoping ford follow Holden, i expect to keep buying Ford as long as they have a product i want. Can't ignore that from a business standpoint its risky relying on 1 product.

Yes ranger is sold world wide - but so were the Holden products - problem is - no one liked them in Australia and the brand tanked......

If suddenly there is a better alternative to the Ranger and sales plummet... then what?

New Ranger looks like a winner compared to other offerings available at the moment. I like it. Lets see how it compares when the others release their updated models....
The Holden products weren't sold worldwide though. GM pulled out of Europe 5 years ago, and India and South Africa, so that left Thailand and Australia/NZ as the only markets. That's what killed them. Ford sell in all RHD countries.

And even if sales do drop off, it just means a rationalization of dealership numbers. Which is already something that was done when local production stopped. It's just a non argument. And a dumb one. Sales could halve overnight and the brand will still be here ffs.

Ford have been either the 3rd or 4th highest selling brand in the country this year. What does that say about the other 40 something brands that Ford outsell? Should they all pack up and leave?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: