View Single Post
Old 30-09-2015, 11:25 PM   #64
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 
Default Re: oil leak behind the accessory belt & pulleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfordsfun View Post
the ford tps, if thats malfunctioning can make it idle high, dont think wetting the electrics on these engines is a great idea, if all you've done is washed it, gonna have to say make sure theres no residue, run the engine hot to evaporate water, inlet malifolds are a fibre type and an old one wont respond well to washing, and the inlet manifold bolts can loosen off, so check there. Run it hot, check for residue in electrics, check manifold gasket, might be worth giving all engine loom connections a crc or similar water disperse, yeah. so I'd crc the loom connections first , then give the engine a water rinse, avoid the inlet manifold gasket, take it for a drive to heat and evaporate water, then go from there. Once its all hot and dry trying flipping it over to gas.
It was the inlet manifold gasket. Pr!ck of a job but 4 hours later all done and running well again. I think it's leaking oil from the front of the engine. Looks like it's from the long bolt on the power steering bracket even though i gasket gooed it so might have to take it out again and goo it more.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote