View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 11:52 PM   #451
Swedishmoose

Default things that are not right

Hello there,

I've just bought a 2000 Falcon Futura in a very good shape and there are just a few little things that I'd like to work on. I thought this would be the right place to ask arround.

1.The plastic frame where the door handle sits in ( I guess it is popped in somehow in the door panel ) is not put in right. Can anyone tell me how I can get the door handle out and place it back in right ?

2. The reading lamps in the back don't work. The bulbs are working but the switch doesn't really want to keep the light on. I guess they are micro switches and they don't even klick anymore. Are those parts expensive do be replaced ?

3. The owner had a dash mat placed on the dashboard. On a really hot day the downside of the dash mat burned into parts of the plastic of the dashboard. Mainly the little hard plastic cover right above the passenger airbag and that really wide plastic panel right in front of the windshield where the air vents are. I don't know if Ford still has got plastic parts available for a 2000 AU model and if so.......can you just unclip those panels or is it a big hassle ?

hmmm...what else is not right , oh yeah

4. If you don't use the keyless entry pad and use the key instead, you can only open the drivers door manually with the key. After actually opening it you just need to pull the drivers door handle and all other doors should be unlocked ( that what it says in the manual ) . I can open the drivers door manually with the key, but the other three doors remain closed after pulling the drivers door handle and the push button on the left side of the steering column which usually locks or unlocks the doors is not working as well. I haven't checked the fuses yet, but maybe someone has another idea what it could be.

5.That whining noise some people were talking about only happens when I do a normal take off from a traffic light...a normal acceleration. It does a soft whining noise until the transmission shifts into second gear. It doesn't happen when the car is going on a highway or when I release the throttle or when I accelerate. It only happens in first gear ( four speed automatic ) until it shifts into second gear.

6. the two front side windows go up and down slowly....I've read about the lubricants you can put on the gaskets to solve that minor problem......where exactely do I have to spray those lubricants on to and wouldn't it cause streaks on the windows when you open and close them again ?

That was basically it. Another minor thing is that the dashboard is ratteling a bit on rough roads. It is somewhere behind the radio and the aircon controls...maybe a loose wire or similar. Do I have to take the whole radio and air con panel off to have a look inside or is there another way to "get in ".
If not...how do I take it off ?

I am happy that I have found a Ford Forum like this one here and I am looking forward to helping where I can and putting in some good ideas.

Thank you anyways in advance for the answers I might get and for any help

Swedishmoose
Swedishmoose is offline   Reply With Quote