View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 07:02 PM   #87
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4/ST150 with Mazda SP25 engine

FYI, I'll be splitting this conversation into a few threads. I've already started another thread Re: features available on UK fiestas not available in Oz. I'm just starting to dive in and find out what the differences are between the normal A/C Fiesta's and the Climate Control fiestas. Auto Wipers, Power mirrors etc will be part of the fun. I'll split the comment above about getting a 2DIN radio and phone mount fitted into a WQ, including getting the factory audio buttons working, into a separate thread with pics.

Of note, we have a bunch of newer stuff in India to keep in mind. The Mk6 Fiesta (At least the UK Mk6 + Mk6.5 for the 2007-2008 facelift) is actually the Gen 5/Mark 5 for most other countries - which makes it hard to search for parts, but anyway....

In India the Ford Fiesta WQ was sold alongside the WT Fiesta as the 'Fiesta Classic' and then later the 'Ford Classic' up until i think 2011 or 2012. From 2010 Ford Australia helped Ford India develop the Ford Figo - and the 1st gen Ford Figo is pretty much just a WP/WQ Fiesta with updates. But all of the interior in the Ford Figo looks pretty much identical to the WP/WQ. Of interest to me is the Climate Control system in the 1st Gen Figo. So finding a manual for the Figo is of interest to me to see how they match up. That model Figo went from 2010 to 2015 before a new model came out. At which point everything changed. But I can't then help think that to save money the Gen2 Figo may still be the same underneath, and how much of the Gen 2 Figo could be swapped into a WQ?

The only down side is I can't see any 2 door Figo's, so no go with swapping anything into an XR4. Unless i just haven't looked hard enough.

What websites do you go to to find wrecker parts in India?

Lukeyson