View Single Post
Old 28-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 
Default Re: SHOW AND SHINE at AFF Drag Nats

Here you go:

A FEW POINTS FOR THE SHOW AND SHINE! have taken these from last years event as it will be the same format:

*there is no charge for displaying your car in the Show N Shine other than you paying your entry fee as a spectator for Heathcote at the gate (but there is no additional charge to enter the display)

*10.30am is the deadline to arrive but frankly, you need to be there by 9.30 so you can groom your cars before they are judged.

*I will be at the gate from 8.20am until about 9.40am to get you all in without dramas at the gate - they will be unaware who is racing and who is showing so PLEASE, approach me and tell me who you are ie - your username & I will have the list in my hand. You must enter the event here on the AFF before the day with your name and car plus username so I can see you at the gate and get you in. They will be charging all other cars (except ones on my list) Racing entry fees.

*Take your car to the Show and Shine directly and Russell (russellw) will be there to make sure all the cars are parked up quickly and orderly. If you want to be next to someone you will need to arrive together - there will be no mucking around saving spots etc - space is at a premium and this makes it to damn hard so please be co-operative and helpful.

*Presentation will be straight after the Drivers Briefing - please make yourselves available so we are not running around looking for you.

*Cars cannot leave before 3pm.

*You are welcome to leave cars in place and stay and watch the racing as long as you wish, as the drags get quite exciting later on.

Hope this answers any questions. I expect the numbers to rise as we get closer to the event when people firm up dates. The prize money is substantial and will be given out no matter how many entries there are. Your cars are also safely parked inside the compound so you can attend in your pride and joy rather than a daily.

Cheers
Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote