View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 09:47 AM   #12
RandomThought

Default Re: MD Mondeo Adaptive Cruise Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
I had a bit of a WTF moment with Adaptive CC in the MD.

two lane single direction and I'm approaching an intersection that's changed to green with a vehicle ahead of me that the radar has picked up on (80kph HWY). I notice it starts to slow down as expected from the vehicle ahead so I decide to change into the right lane when is empty, but, there is another lane introduced for those wanting to turn right at the intersection which is quite long.

Because they are stationary and I'm changing lane the radar sees the stationary vehicles in the turning lane and thinks I'm about to have a collision and slows ever harder....wasn't a good feeling I can tell you for a first time experience. On the HWY it's fine and as expected; trouble free and enjoyable but in that situation had it confused.
I have had a similar experience in the MC and it scared the you know what out of me. I was travelling down the Bruce Highway and it was a slight right with a turn left lane. The car must of thought I was heading for a car turning left off the highway and felt like it slammed on the brakes for no reason. Luckily no one was behind us.

With the 1 or 5 km/h ACC adjustment, try a long press and a short press of the +\- buttons. Some Falcons used to adjust by 5 on a long press and 1 on a short press of the speed adjust button so maybe that will work?
RandomThought is offline   Reply With Quote