View Single Post
Old 31-08-2019, 07:41 AM   #210
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I reckon a lot here are getting confused as to what a "Grey Nomad" is, as most of them have either sold up and live full time on the road or retired just spending most of their time travelling.
Not just anyone pulling a caravan.
Thats right, my grandparents (mums side) where Grey Nomads in the 60's and early 70's (it is far from a new term no matter what some may think) they retired and sold up and went on the road for 12 years before giving it up, they used to supplement there kitty by doing part time work, a grey nomad isn't someone who drags the van out once or twice a year for a 1, 2 or 3 week trip.....it's a full time lifestyle....

As far as Broome goes.......I went mining in the Pilbara in the early 80's and Broome was a popular destination for us to hit when time for a break came, the locals used to complain about us when we where there, drinking, partying and chasing the local women around.....

It's a tourist town, locals hate all tourists.......not those making a motsa from them though, they can't get enough.....i also ended up living there from 94' to 98', great place....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: