View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 09:51 PM   #11
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Road Trip Advice/Suggestions/Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
The road north from Gundagai means that you turn off about half way to Cootamundra.

The turnoff to the right is on a left hand sweeping bend. If you are using a sat nav you won't miss it.

The back road then picks up the Cootamundra to Young road which used to be called the Olympic highway. You will only be on this road for a kilometre or so before you turn right at the large roundabout at Wallendbeen.

Be aware that this shortcut is sealed but it is very narrow in places and you may have to move onto the verge if passing traffic turns up.
That sounds like the one. Yep, looks narrow, but I don't mind slowing down for oncoming traffic; I did that in the XR8 for 3 years to and from work, so a once off trip will be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
How are you travelling home? Via the Hume I suggest.
Think I'll come home via the coast road (Princes Hwy) stopping somewhere like Merimbula for a night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed
Yep It's all sealed from Boorowa to Crookwell..
Thanks. That makes me feel more comfortable with the route I've picked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender
From memory the back way through Rye Park, wasn't some years ago.
Looks like Grassy Creek Road north of Maryvale Road is unsealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender
All this meandering adds heaps of time to the trip, is that adequately provisioned for?
Yeah, looking to stop at Gundagai as the mid point and travelling over two days. And it appears as though there are heaps of opportunities to fill up with either U95 or U98 along the way, even though some of it is at inflated prices.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 08-08-2019 at 10:00 PM.
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote