View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 11:08 PM   #25
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Buying used 2018 MD Titanium Mondeos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigd View Post
Hey Smoke. Yours did look straight, even when dirty !
Only issue I have is the bonnet nose cone match up. Dealer said they would rectify at the 3K service. The job will be out sourced to their local preferred repair centre, and charged back to Ford AU.
Attachment 101920
Hi again,

And what the repair centre will do is adjust the driver's side bonnet bump stop upwards or the passenger's side bump stop downwards to even up the gap. Wonder what ford will be charged for that?? Personally I'd prefer the adjustment upwards to tension the bonnet against the latch to minimise flexure. JMO.

Anyway, this "debate" about "build quality" got me thinking about the purchase of vehicles across a goodly number of years and I realised that only once have I ordered a car that had yet to be built or imported.

That car turned out to be the least best built car I have ever owned, little of which was apparent at the time of delivery. A front passenger side spring improperly positioned against its seat leading to a "droop" at the opposite corner. A windscreen seal (at the top) which failed during persistent rain when on holiday in Victoria. Cast metal door furniture that broke on a continuing basis. But it did tow a caravan reasonably well and we were not in a position to move to another manufacturer's product owing to the cost of such a move.

I guess , subconsciously, I decided that I would not sign a purchase contract again unless I was able to see the car I was buying "in the flesh" in the future. A position I have adhered to since then and, so far as build quality is concerned, I have not been disappointed.

So far as both Mondeos (MA Sedan, MD Wagon) we have owned, the build quality has been good to excellent, so I disagree with the opinion of others posting here.

I guess the message here is don't agree to buy something that you have not "eyeballed". Difficult if you have signed a purchase order "Sight unseen".

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: