View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #70
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: My ZF Auto - Paddle Shifter Idea

I did an Internet search for images, and I can see there are big differences with the fully plastic BF steering wheels to what I have. There's no thin plastic cowl at the back - it's solid plastic throughout. That might take some extra drilling to make holes, and possibly different (self tapping) screws? I'm also using the fact that it's thin plastic on mine for the "flex" of the button to work without pressing too hard.

This is all being made up as I go! It should be easy to change the paddle design to include a flexy pattern just past the screw holes though

Anyway, I'm happy to stick whatever steering wheel I can get my hands on in the CNC machine and publish the results here. Let me know what you find burkey05, thanks!

RE: the sockets and plugs, yes the sports shift.. but the circuit boards are made up now, so there's not much chance of changing the design to include the extra function to return to sports automatic mode. Thanks though (Also, the FG seems to have more pins populated than the BF - which might also be a problem?)
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: