View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 11:06 AM   #10
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Default Re: Ford workers break their silence on faulty transmissions: 'My hands are dirty. I feel horrible'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
From my own personal perspective, this issue is still affecting them. Mum ended up buying another Focus because she’s a creature of habit. Myself on the other hand, after having dealt with Ford through this whole saga, can’t bring myself to buy through them again. Never have I experienced treatment like that from any company like I did from Ford.

Some might say all manufacturers are like that but I haven’t experienced it from anyone else so I can’t comment either way.

Surely I can’t be the only one who feels like this.
I think adam this has been the whole point for many who have seen this saga unfold & have said from the start that Ford has massively screwed up with this in how they are managing this issue from the start & even to now.

Knowing what we all know now, & many suspected from the start, albeit would have been a huge financial hit at the time, Ford should have just taken them back & allowed those who brought new the option of moving into a newer Ford vehicle without the financial hit compared to the negativity that it's created where even Ford loyalists are willing to wash their hands of the brand.

10,000 happy customers having a problem fixed is much better than having 10,000 angry customers going to court complaining and tarnishing their reputation.

I still thank the day the dealer warned me off the focus when I went to buy one & put me back into another car instead.
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: