View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 06:26 PM   #21
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: Fiesta WP 2004 won’t start

Let me do a little prep work. Electrical work always means you need to have little maps of pinouts and wire colours for testing.

I can see the flat-pack with the fuses in it behind the battery in your image, down under/between the little square relay box and the battery. It has the big fat wire from the positive terminal feeding into it.

But like I said, I think this will be in the ignition barrel. Some disassembly of the steering covers to get behind the ignition barrel will be required, and you'll be testing some pins firstly on the connector side to verify the power feed (eliminates the need to open the battery fuse box if it works), and then some pin to pin tests on the back of the ignition barrel. If we find that the barrel doesn't connect the +ve feed to the ignition output, then the barrel is cactus and you'll need to replace it with another. And that raises more questions for me about reprogramming keys, recutting keys etc which a bit of additional research should solve.

The keys and remotes themselves on the WQ fiesta are identical to those used on the BA Falcon and SX Territory. In fact I have my BA XR8 remote fob setup to open it, our SX Ghia and the WQ XR4 all from the same remote. Which means the systems in the car itself should be similar.

Luke