View Single Post
Old 13-09-2019, 06:22 AM   #235
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Each to there own and whatever floats ya boat....

After flying backwards and forwards to work for over 20 years i am well over it and well over airports, i detest both. It wasn't always like that like most in my younger days it was a big adventure but now a days i would prefer root canal surgery without anaesthetic to flying.....Eg: i will be flying Bundy - Bris - Singapore this Sunday for a course and returning the following Saturday, 3 days after that i will be heading to work, Bundy - Bris - Darwin, and of course back home after work.....the last thing i want to do on Holidays is get on a plane, unless it's an overseas holiday then hopefully i can self medicate () and sleep all the way....

I'm not a city type either, i mostly avoid them like the plague....I love the bush/outback/country towns and have done a fair chunk of Aus and NZ on 4 wheels and a fair bit on 2. We had a Kimberley camper trailer that we dragged all over Aus, had that for 10+ years and put countless miles on it and went places most have never heard of, always had a tinny, kayak, dive and fishing gear etc loaded up, before the camper trailer we always had tents of various sizes for years.....great times...

Still got the Landcruiser and a tent, and still head out bush on occasion, but doing more exploring of the coastline around Aus on the boat these days.....

You only live once.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe

Last edited by DJR-351; 13-09-2019 at 06:28 AM.
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: