View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 08:03 PM   #29
usatoaus
Starter Motor

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

My last communication with Gary Redman was 25/8/14 where I explained how the Department of Agriculture (DAFF) operate and that I would let the owner of the business deal with the damaged wheels spats and address the scuff marks that, coincidentally, were not reported to anyone until after the vehicle had left the unpack depot.

Apart from sending his Import Approval, I don’t believe I have had any further communication with Mr. Redman as the matter was referred to Mr. Ryan and I had presumed, been dealt with.

Given that almost 12 months has passed and my emails are read and the phone is answered and messages are returned, one would have thought that Mr. Redman, who seems to have gone to considerable lengths, would have reached out and asked for some assistance on this matter. Instead it would seem Mr. Redman would rather spend time on Internet forums than getting the matter resolved.

I am assuming Mr. Redman “won” the case as Mr. Ryan was unaware it was happening and therefore unrepresented. Provided with the opportunity to represent himself I am sure the outcome would have and will be different.
Mr. Ryan does not frequent Internet forums, he is generally on the road doing inspections, collecting vehicle and packing containers. I will raise the matter with him and ensure that it is followed through.

I will also respond directly to Mr. Redman’s email as this doesn’t need to be aired on a public forum.

I also have to say that I am very disappointed with this community who are very quick to throw accusations and name calling based on one side of a story. The company I work for shipped in excess of $5,100,000 worth of goods in 2014 and one person come on here with an issue, which should be addressed, however I think you would be hard pressed to prove that it is a “dodgy operation”.

I personally have served the motoring community, particularly the Ford community, which is my choice of brand expressed in my current ownership of many Blue Oval vehicles, for over 15 years. I have supplied tens of thousands of used and aftermarket items and new tyres to many Ford owners and wouldn’t be surprised if a large number of members on this board have had successful dealings with me over the years.

So as stated, I will address the situation with Mr. Ryan and Mr. Redman and attempt to resolve the matter.

If anyone else has an issue or concerns, feel free to call or email me: http://usatoaus.com/contact.html

Regards,

Phil Newell
usatoaus is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: