View Single Post
Old 21-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #115
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Hi guys, just got back from 2 weeks on the Gold Coast where my Daughter played in the Australian Open to find our shed broken into and all my camping stuff stolen.
Im ******* fuming, we have contents insurance so im hoping it will be covered, but it makes you feel violated to know some low life has helped themselves to my gear.
Even scarier is that they tried to get into the house. Whilst my wife and i left 2 weeks ago, our eldest son had work commitments.
He'd stayed home by himself and only flew up last Thursday evening as it was our daughters Birthday so we held a bbq/party at Wet n Wild on Saturday and we wanted to surprise her with having all the family together.
We're not sure if it happened whilst he was still here or on the weekend.
He's right into his online gaming and sits in his room which is at the front of the house with earphones on in the evenings so he may have been home at the time.
I shudder to think what may have happened if they got in and he surprised them.

The ****s took our 60L Companion Fridge which is only 12 months old, our 8L Engel Cooler/Warmer we got at the recent Camping show, our battery pack which was a gift from my Wifes parents, the deep cycle battery inside it and the trickle charger that keeps it charged when home in the shed.
Probably a little over $2k worth of gear.

Police came out and said to keep an eye out in Cashies and on Gumtree as alot of this stuff ends up in there.

Im really ****ed off as we hardly ever go away on big trips like this and we come home to this ****, if we'd been away camping instead we'd have had it all with us except the trickle charger.

Now weve got to deal with the insurer. Weve had contents insurance for 20yrs and never had to claim before (not contents, only a couple of not at fault car accidents) so its all new to us.

I told the wife im never going away like this again, if i'd been home it either wouldnt have happened or i'd have caught the ****s and put my bowie knife through them, no questions asked.

Just glad my Son wasnt harmed, the rest can be replaced.

Sorry to vent guys, just really ****ed at the moment, my anxiety is off the scale and im shaking like a leaf.
That sux the big one.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote