View Single Post
Old 31-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #37
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: Race Brakes Sydney are here to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmer View Post
Hi Matt,

I drive a BF MKII Ute with 16" steelies, it's an XL and to my dismay has NO ABS!!! (in this day and age... I didn't even think to check!)

Anyway, I can see that if I upgrade to the 328mm disc I'll need new rims and I'm on a budget.

I'm in my 50's and I drive like a grandpa now, but I was disappointed when I fitted speed sleeders to the ute and did three crash stops and found the brakes starting to fade already. The stock brakes are pathetic...

My question is, is it worth it (will I notice the difference) fitting stock sized slotted rotors and better pads, or am I better off sourcing a set of 17" or 18" rims and fitting the 328mm slotted rotors?

AND

Did the G6 have the bigger rotors, as I'm looking at a set of rims off a wrecked vehicle?

thanks for your time.

The front upgrade is 322mm and takes the same pad as the 298mm kit but with the larger rotor and a good set of pad is a better option. All Turbo and V8 Fords in BF and FG have the 322mm set up. You could also try the DBA T2 rotors and the dba XP all round as we have found that a good improvement on the RTV cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISL
Hi all.
Im looking at replacement opinions for rotors on my fg gtp.
I would like two piece all round with nice looking slotts as the car is headed to be street/show/ family car,
But it seems off the shelf, its looking like
Front end, dba t3 5000 series (2 piece)
Rear end, to have matching t3 slots is the
dba t3 4000 series (1 piece only avaliable)

Any input in this big steep would be helpfull
Its a must to keep existing brembo 6 and 4 pot setup
We could custom make two piece rear rotors for you but the cost may put you off as if you were going to do it you would also go bigger rears. If there was interest we would do it.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote