View Single Post
Old 16-11-2006, 08:24 PM   #25
Imolator
Quad Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
The oldest cars on the market? Ok. They're all as old as the Mk6 Fiesta. The Polo is actually newer, since its update brought around mechanical changes etc that the other's haven't had. But it makes no difference. You could compare the older generation Polo ('95 - '99 then facelifted '00 - '02) and it would still be a better car then the rest of them. But that's comparing a manufacturer that leads the world in quality to one that leads the world in cheap pricing (Ford), and a few obscure makes from France.

The Mazda 2 is dynamically inferior to the Fiesta, much to do with the small-van like body. It has an inferior engine and transmission. Plus, it has the image to go with it to target the cheap econobox market which the Fiesta doesn't. The Mazda 2 is seen as a newer 121. The Fiesta is... well, a new car (here).

As for 72% of Yaris sales being private buyers. That's very funny. You can go on believeing it if you please. Just remember, it doesn't have to be purchased by a company fleet manager to be a company car. You know my mate Clio1.6 off your forum who you met at the KK run, along with myself? His dad has had company cars from IBM for some time, which as far as anyone knows, are his. He goes to the car yard, he orders what it is, it goes down as being done by him all on his name.... payed for by IBM. Surveyers would count that as a private sale though, as it was done in the name of a private individual.

And don't backpedal saying your comment about it being just a Ford was a joke. If it really was you'd have made it look like one, and it sure as hell did not.

Check my previous post, and look up the vfacts figures for yourself and then do the math against the article which rated the yaris as one of the best private sellers. Unless of course you would rather remain opinionated and uniformed.
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote