View Single Post
Old 28-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #48
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MC Mondeo Titanium DRL's

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom jones
Hey guys,
I have first hand experience concerning this particular post. I recently bought a set of these. Paid about $130 USD including postage from China. Check out this website. www.alibaba.com and type in search for Ford Mondeo DRLS. They offer silly prices for these DRLs for example only of you purchase a quantity of 100 or so. Ignore this like I did. Just drop them an e mail asking price for one set. Do a little negotiation and bingo, get yourself a deal. Took a gamble buying from China but it paid off. The instructions were in "pigeon" english and a little confusing. A few e mails later, the Chinese were fantastic and helpful. Exactly the same as original parts (well they look the same anyway even down to the Made in Slovakia on the rear) for a quarter of the price and so easy to install. They look fantastic fitted and compliment the Zetec. If any one needs any advice then drop me a line. I'll be more than pleased to tell you how to install. Currently working on rear view camera and auto dimming mirror with reverse camera display. It ain't easy. Will assist others with this too once I've sorted it. For your info, before anymore questions get asked on this subject, the DRLs stay on with dipped headlight and the DRLs just dim. THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL IN AUSTRALIA. If you do want them to go off, I know how to do that too.
Welcome Tom Jones!!!

Please feel free to share your experiences, we are all eager to do the same.
What state do you live? Did you remove the bumper or just the headlights for the install? Also does the black plastic infill just clip in / out? Or do you have to cut it out and then glue the DRL's on?
I will send you a PM soon as keen t buy a set that "DIM's"...

Glenn