View Single Post
Old 19-09-2019, 09:30 PM   #2887
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Bought this to feed the cat (in 85g daily portions). Quality is superb.

The poor mongrels raising these cattle must be getting a pittance, nowhere near enough to make pasture farmed beef economical (viable) in the longer run. Staff in the shop have implied to me that many meat products out of date go in the bin - not to someone like Second Bite.
Im guessing you section it up and freeze it. The supermarket is still making a profit, just less at the sale price. I dont think the farmers get the on consignment payout for what the end product sells for. The used by for meat is kind of a conservitive estimate for refrigerated meat. Freezing does extend that. But humans look for any excuse to sue, so again, the dates are conservitive. It wasnt that long ago one of the food recovery charities came under fire for doing the humanitarian thing and whilst things were ok as they had been frozen, they were out of date by a few days. They werent providing rotting food to people in need. But i guess people who like to hear their own voices who arent in need liked to hear their own voices. And it looks like your feline mate isnt doing it tough. Had some issues with the cat i had growing up when the cheap cans of cat tuna went dolphin free. She liked chunks of blowhole.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: